Cycling for All
Cycling for All returns in 2015, for the third year running. These popular and fun sessions are for all ages and abilities and are aimed at getting everyone onto their bikes. Our goals are to help you improve your health and well-being, enjoy freedom and independence and most of all have fun!
Cycling for All dates - 2015
Taking place on the 3rd Sunday of the month between 10am and 1pm at Queens Drive Park & Ride.
What can I expect on the day?
Fully accredited instructors will be on hand to answer your questions and provide expert advice. We understand that everyone has different needs, strengths and abilities. Whatever your age or experience there’s room for everyone to take part and discover the benefits cycling can bring.
You can get involved in the following:
• Free try outs on different types of bikes - fun, family and specialised
• Guidance on specialised bicycles e.g. 4 wheelers, hand crank and recumbent
• Free training from instructors in a safe accessible environment
• Information on cycle training and bike maintenance workshops
• Free health checks for your bicycle with Dr Bike
• Group cycle rides along the River Trent
• Hot and cold refreshments from Pulp Friction
What cycles can I try?
A wide range of bikes will be available to try out in our dedicated cycle area. These will include Nottingham’s Citycard Cycles, fun and family bikes and specialist disability bicycles to accommodate different needs. For a short guide to specialist bikes available at the events click here.
What do people think of the sessions?
D Harvey, Newark-on-Trent
"I won't be coming (this month) because the only time I came you gave my daughter the final skills to riding unassisted. Thank you so much for your time and commitment – we now ride every weekend and she has a skill for life. I will spread the word.
Thanks to all of you!