Cycle instruction – individual and group training
Fully accredited and insured cycle instructors provide RideWise cycle training sessions. They’ll help you every step of the way, whether you’re a complete beginner or if you’d just like to brush up on your skills.
Our training courses are adapted to suit all ages and abilities. We have a wide range of sessions available to you, including training which is specifically designed to support people with restricted mobility or who may need additional support or specialist cycling equipment.
Training sessions can either be:
- one-to-one instruction; just you and an instructor
- group instruction at a cycle centre; learning with other people who have similar training needs to you
- private group instruction; for up to six people
There are three levels of qualification that you can work towards – ranging from complete beginner through to the advanced cyclists. Everyone learns to cycle at different rates so we pace and plan instruction sessions to your needs. Typically a beginner might be riding comfortably in a few weeks but each training session is personalised to meet your needs.
You may be eligible for some free cycle training, depending on where you live, work or study.
- Level One - Novice - cycling safely off-road
- Level Two – Occasional Cyclist – Cycling safely on quiet paths and roads
- Level Three – Advanced Cyclist – Cycling safely on busier roads
Under 16s must be accompanied on the course by a parent or carer.
If you don’t have a bike then that’s no problem – we can provide you with a short-term hire bike for you to use during your training.