RideWise Consent Form
Please read and agree to the RideWise consent form:
I agree to the following points of information and I will take lessons in safe, effective cycling. Except in cases where RideWise supplies the bicycle I ride I understand that
- The instructor(s) may refuse to train me if they decide my bike to be unroadworthy. Their decision is final. I understand that not being able to commence and/or continue with a training session due to having an unroadworthy bike will not entitle me to a refund of any fees paid.
- It remains my responsibility not to ride an unroadworthy bike. If I am in doubt as to whether a bike is roadworthy I should seek the advice of a professional mechanic.
- RideWise trainers will not carry out repairs to make an unroadworthy bike roadworthy.
- It is my responsibility to ensure that my bicycle is roadworthy before attending the training session.
- I understand that if I have to cancel a one-to-one session with an instructor at very short notice, giving less than 24 hours’ notice, then I may forfeit the lesson. I also understand that, where possible, RideWise will make every effort to accommodate me in a group training session to make up for the lost lesson.
I accept that the instructors may at any time refuse to continue to train me if my behaviour or ability level is deemed to be unsuitable.
I understand that RideWise is not responsible for any injury or loss or damage to any property which is not caused by an instructor’s negligence and that RideWise takes no responsibility whatsoever for any injury or any loss or damage to any property which occurs either on the way to or from a lesson or subsequent to lessons.
I understand that having taken training it does not necessarily follow that it is safe for me to ride a bicycle. To become proficient takes much more practice than lessons of this kind can provide.
RideWise always recommend the use of protective cycling helmets as, in the event of a fall or crash, the evidence is that head injuries will be much reduced in number and impact. RideWise advises that I should wear such a helmet but leaves the decision about wearing a cycle helmet entirely up to me. The decision to wear a helmet is a purely personal one. RideWise will not be held liable for the results of any injury, which is later established, may have been prevented by the wearing of a helmet. If a helmet is worn RideWise will not be held liable for the results of any injury which it is later established may have been caused by the wearing of my helmet. The instructor will advise me only on the fit of the helmet but will not necessarily be able to judge from its appearance if it is in good condition.
I undertake to make the instructors aware of any medical condition I have which may adversely affect the training.
I understand that personal details held by RideWise may be given to the organisation that is in whole or in part paying for my lesson and that the organisation may contact me to ask for details of the lesson.
I understand that occasionally it may be necessary to take images of those undertaking cycle training and that they may be used for publicity purposes.
Instructors are not at liberty to amend the terms of this consent form.
I understand this consent form must be completed and signed before a training session commences and that a training session cannot take place if this consent form is not signed.
This consent form applies to any training organised by RideWise. I understand a new consent form need only be signed for any sessions that occur after the terms vary.
I understand that if I have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more health screening questions, I should seek medical advice before attending a cycle session. I agree to tell the instructor if there is a change in my medical condition. I understand that this information will be shared with other cycle instructors and that I cycle at my own risk.